What makes a good website?
What is this? Why am I here? What can I do here?
2. Goal Oriented.
Before the website is created, the keys stakeholders in the project need to clearly define the goals of the website.
- Increase awareness
- Generate email leads
- Purchase a product or service
- Visit a location
Once the goals are defined, there needs to be a way to determine if the goal has been met.
- Website tracking
- Goal number of emails lead generated a month
- Track revenue / foot traffic increases
***A website is only successful if it accomplishes the stakeholders goals.
A good website is engaging. Visitors should want to read the information and interact with the website. All content and images should be relevant and interesting to the website’s target demographic.
The site needs to help the user accomplish their goals. They need to be able to easily navigate the website and find the information they are looking for.
Lastly, aesthetics are important. A well designed website will help the information be communicated, forward the website goals, engage the user and help them find the information they are looking for. A poorly designed website can frustrate a user and cause them to leave the site for a competitor.
Megan Leese | Web Developer
Latest posts by Megan Simoes (see all)
- 7 Quick fixes to optimize a cluttered website for conversions - May 18, 2018
- Google Introduces AMP for Email - February 28, 2018
- The Current State of Email Marketing - November 2, 2017